Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th!!!

I thought this would be a fitting post for today. I recently completed 6 illustrations for a Men's Journal article on our military special forces units. These JSOC (Joint Special Operations Command) members are the guys who got Osama bin Laden. This was a fun project from start to finish. The AD and I both agreed it would be great to paint these images in a similar way to the G.I. Joe box art we both grew up with in the 80's. It was very nostalgic. You can find the article in the July issue of Men's Journal. Happy 4th to all, especially all those serving in our armed forces!!!






7 comments:

Chun Lo said...

These must've been really fun to paint! Love that silhouette with the scuba piece :)

Eric Braddock said...

God damn! These look so boss, dude. I especially like the last piece. U-S-A! U-S-A!

Louis Cypher said...

finally you post some of that dino-mite you have been doing! Excellence as always.

SEILER said...

These are awesome Tyler!!!

Chris Rahn said...

Great stuff man! Sick folds on the paratrooper's fatigues.

Tyler Jacobson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tyler Jacobson said...

Thanks everyone. I am glad you all like the pieces. Apologies for the huge gap in postings. I have a number of pieces I want to post but they are all under NDAs still. Bummer.